Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: N-800F Wmid eq

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member dbale's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2007
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A few questions on making this crossover.
    Can I leave out the HF att. part of the N-800
    when using it with the 30904 eq. circuit?
    I am using a 806A HF driver.
    showphotophp?photo5031&ampsizebig&ampcat515

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Search the Lansing Heritage forum for posts by Zilch on the N800F. You'll find plenty to occupy you there. forums

    IIRC there were several iterations during developement, so make sure you find the right one for an 806. Maybe Zilch will notice this and direct you specifically.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member timp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2007
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Bdale

    I was part of one of the posts. And I do have a pair 0f 806a. Following the lead, I made the same crossovers. HF attenuator to me is a must to have. You will need to adjust hf. Plus, do not order parts before you read the post.

    Follow Bfish's lead. You will be rewarded.

    Tim

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member dbale's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2007
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys
    I'm good with what is the correct circuit to use
    but thought after reading many posts on this including this quote...
    "Turn the HF control on the stock crossovers all the way up, and use this new one to set the balance between HF and LF. "
    ...That I could remove the HF att. part of the crossover.
    As this would only save a few $$ i guess I will leave it in.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ZilchLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2007
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's virtually a given that using 806A/N800F you won't have enough headroom for midband attenuation to achieve the amount of HF compensation that an active boost, for example, would deliver to extend the response out to ~14 kHz, the best I was able to achieve using that driver.

    Thus, in a typical application, leaving out the N800F attenuation and using that available in the adjustable implementation of 30904 to balance with the woofer will provide the maximum compensation from the available headroom.

    If you swap in a more sensitive HF driver such as BMS, you'll likely need both attenuation controls to achieve the optimum adjustment, the adjustable 30904 one establishing the amount of compensation, and the N800F one to balance the compensated HF drive with the woofer.

    You can always install an L-pad to provide the requisite additional attenuation at a later date. In any case I would use an L-pad (16 Ohms for N800F) in lieu of the original attenuation potentiometer if building new DIY. It goes between the N800F and the 30904....

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 05, 2008 05:46 PM: Message edited by: ZilchLab ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.